LGBTQIA+ Shaping Futures Scholarship
06 March 2020
EstablishmentThe Shaping Futures Scholarship Fund was established in 2011 with the aim of helping those students who are most in need. The LGBTQIA+ Shaping Futures Scholarship hopes to support a student who identifies as LGBTQIA+ and who is managing study alongside personal circumstances such as:
- Carer responsibilities
- English language difficulty
- Financial hardship
- Long term medical condition/ disability or ongoing effects of abuse
- Regional or remote disadvantage
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Additional attributes such as Indigenous Australian or having Refugee status.
For full details of this scholarship, please review the Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Identify as LGBTQIA+
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $4000 to be paid as a lump sum following selection and after Semester 1 census date (during April).
Selection will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. Applications will be ranked against the criteria and offers made to the applicants who best meet the eligibility criteria.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759