Student Residences Scholarship
25 October 2020
The Student Residences Scholarship is awarded to students who receive an offer of on-campus accommodation with Student Living alongside their offer of admission to University of Newcastle via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS).This scholarship is available to students who have achieved exceptional results in their Year 12 studies and who are overcoming educational disadvantages such as
- Carer responsibilities
- English language difficulty
- Financial hardship
- Long term medical condition/ disability or ongoing effects of abuse
- Regional or remote disadvantage
- Additional attributes such as Indigenous Australian or having Refugee status.
Five scholarships will be awarded, with consideration to split across academic faculties, following release of November Round 1 UAC Admission offers. An additional scholarship will be offered once Student Living accommodation offers are released on 25 November.
Recipients will need to accept their offer of accommodation by 04 December to remain eligible for this scholarship.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Receive an offer of admission to an eligible program via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) in UAC November Round 1.
- If receiving an admission offer via Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS), have demonstrated outstanding performance in Year 11 commensurate with a final raw ATAR of 85 or higher.
- Have completed a Year 12 Higher School Certificate in the year prior to commencement of the undergraduate program.
- Accept an offer of on-campus accommodation with Student Living and remain a resident for the duration of the year of scholarship award.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $4000, to be paid as a lump sum. Payment will be after semester one census date, usually in April.
Selection is based on assessment of the scholarship application and the November Round 1 Admissions offers made via Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS).
Selection of the scholar will be based on academic merit, namely rankings determined during the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) application assessment, and finalised scholarship applications. Student Central scholarships staff will shortlist applicants, based on the approved eligibility criteria and a review of the relevant UAC and/or University records, and accommodation offers made.
Recommendations for award will be made for the candidates identified as most in need of support who have also achieved the most competitive results in their Year 11 studies. Selection will also take into account the split of awards across five faculties and an additional scholarship being offered to a resident of Edwards Hall, in keeping with the funding arrangement.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759