Student Residences Scholarship
06 March 2020
The Student Residences Scholarship was established with the aim of helping those students who are most in need who are residing within Student Living accommodation.
These scholarships support students who are academically capable but managing studies alongside personal circumstances such as:
- Carer responsibilities
- English language difficulty
- Financial hardship
- Long term medical condition/ disability or ongoing effects of abuse
- Regional or remote disadvantage
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Additional attributes such as Indigenous Australian or having Refugee status.
It is hoped that this scholarship will provide much needed support for students living in Residential Colleges to continue to overcome adversity and maintain their achievements.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be residing in a University of Newcastle Residential College.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
This is an annual scholarship providing a total benefit of $4000, to be paid as a lump sum. Payment will be after semester one census date, usually in April.
Selection is based on assessment of the scholarship application. The selection committee will aim to make scholarship offers to students who are assessed as being most in need of support, however will need to give consideration to awards being evenly shared across the different Residential Colleges and locations. This includes making an offer to a student within a specific residential college if this in in keeping with the funding bequest.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759