Richard Crookes Constructions Indigenous Scholarship for Construction and Civil Engineering
28 February 2022
DonorRichard Crookes Construction
Operational throughout NSW and the ACT, Richard Crookes Constructions (RCC) is a private, family owned construction company that has been delivering projects as promised; on-time and budget, safely and to the highest quality since 1976. RCC states: "We value our heritage as a family business and we're proud of our values and our commitment to delivering social infrastructure that enables our communities to grow. For RCC, making a positive contribution and giving back to the communities we live and work in and our industry is important."
RCC has been recognised as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia by Great Place to Work. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and broader industry, and we encourage shared knowledge, innovation, and growth. As a proud Australian business, we recognise the importance of giving back to and supporting the future of our industry and we are honoured to offer construction and civil engineering students at the University of Newcastle this Indigenous Scholarship.
RCC would be open to discussing potential internship opportunities with the successful recipients should they be interested.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of the Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours) or Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) in the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, UON.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Be enrolled either full-time or part-time.
- Establish your Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identity and heritage with the university as outlined here.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $4,000, paid as a lump sum after semester 1 census date
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.