Wendy Hyslop Memorial Scholarship
04 March 2018
DonorThe family of Wendy Hyslop
The scholarship was established to honour the memory of Wendy Hyslop. Wendy Hyslop was a dedicated clinical psychologist who had a passion for Psychology and helping people. Wendy worked in adult mental health services, in both the public and private sectors, and had experience in both clinical settings and within the University research and teaching setting. Wendy gave back to the community by providing clinical supervision to interns from the University of Newcastle and, in recent years, also provided peer and student supervision services.
Wendy's family wish to honour her work and her name in this memorial scholarship which will assist students undertaking a Master of Clinical Psychology and who are also facing financial challenges. Wendy supported herself through her own studies, working full time and part time, while completing her Psychology degree.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in the Master of Clinical Pscyhology program with UON in Semester 1 intake.
- Be an Australian Citizen.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) outlining your experience of educational disadvantage and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
- Any documents supporting your claims (such as CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement). A list of required documents for educational disadvantage is available at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/disadvantage-supporting-docs
TIPS: Limit supporting documents to a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only. You may need to combine as one pdf for upload and include your name and student number (if you have one) in the document.
The scholarship currently provides a total benefit of $6,000 for 2 years of study. An annual payment of $3,000 will be made following Semester 1 census date.
Selection will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. Applications will be ranked against the criteria and offers made to the applicants who best meet the eligibility criteria.
Interviews may be arranged if required.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759