Glen Turner Scholarship
03 March 2021
DonorOffice of Environment and Heritage (NSW)
This scholarship was officially established in 2015 by the Office of Environment and Heritage (NSW) in memory of Mr Glen Turner, who was tragically killed whilst carrying out his job on 29 July 2014. Mr Turner made the world a better place through his contribution to protecting our landscape, our soils and water, through his service to his local community, through his friendship and loyalty to his colleagues and, most importantly, through his love and commitment to his family.
In order to honour Mr Turner's life this scholarship was established to support an undergraduate student enrolled in a Natural/Sustainable Resource Management course at the University of Newcastle.
Applicable to: Natural, Sustainable Resource Management, Commencing, continuing, high achiever, financial disadvantage, regional, remote, Environment, Heritage.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled in a Natural/Sustainable Resource Management program in any faculty.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $40,000 over the full 4 year tenure provided ongoing eligibility for the term of the scholarship.
The scholarship will be paid as $5000 in each semester of eligible study, after the relevant census dates (usually in April and September).
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents, with reference to the eligibility criteria.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759