Valasi Bleazard Memorial Scholarship in Medicine
DonorTrustee of the Valasi Bleazard Estate
This scholarship is in the memory of Miss Valasi Bleazard, late of Lorn in Maitland who died at the age of 90 at Faleula Methodist Campus in Western Samoa. She was born at Satupaitea in Western Samoa to Methodist Missionaries, hence her princess Christian name. During her adulthood here she had been a teacher of the Piano. Being born in Western Samoa , she was laid to rest in befitting manner at Vaega Satupaitea.
She left a bequest in her will to fund this scholarship in her name: the Valasi Bleazard Memorial Scholarship.
This scholarship is not yet open for application in 2020.
Please check back later in the year or, if you are applying for scholarships, register your interest in this scholarship to receive email notification when it opens.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 2nd year of the Joint Medical Program with University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by successful progress in all 1st year B Medicine courses.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Be female
- Not have previously completed an Australian undergraduate degree program.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of $5,000 to be paid as a lump sum following Semester 1 census date (during April).
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759