Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship
06 March 2020
DonorUON, industry, community organisations, & the annual Reconciliation Scholarship Dinner
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship was established through contributions from the university, industry donors, community organisations and the annual Reconciliation Scholarship Dinner Dance.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
Each scholarship provides a benefit of $10,000 each year, paid as $5,000 each semester after the census date.
The scholarship is ongoing for the remaining length of the program at time of award, and up to a maximum of four years.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of assessment of the application and supporting documents against the eligibility criteria. An interview may be held if required.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759