Koiki Eddie Mabo Scholarship
06 March 2020
This scholarship was established in 2001, from a trust fund established in memory of Koiki Eddie Mabo. This fund was graciously established by the late Dr Roger Riordan AM. The aim is to provide a scholarship fund that can be used for the purpose of assisting any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student who is studying in the Faculty of Health and Medicine.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree (including honours) with the Faculty of Health and Medicine at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
One (1) Scholarship is available in 2020 with a total benefit of up to $25,000 for the maximum 5 year tenure.
The scholarship will provide an annual benefit of $5,000, payable as installments of $2,500 following each semester census date provided ongoing eligibility criteria are met.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. The Selection Committee will take into account prior academic achievement, career interests, community leadership, and involvement with extra-curricular activities.
Selection will be made by the Wollotuka Selection Committee which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the Pro Vice Chancellor, Indigenous Strategy and Leadership or equivalent.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759