Port Waratah Coal Services Engineering Scholarship
DonorPort Waratah Coal Services Ltd
This Scholarship was established by Port Waratah Coal Services to support undergraduate students at the University of Newcastle. This scholarship will be awarded to applicants in their first year of study. Successful applicants may be offered the opportunity to undertake (10) weeks of paid Summer Vacation work at Port Waratah in the period December to February.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
This scholarship is not yet open for 2021. Please log in to the application portal and register interest in this scholarship to receive an email notification when applications open.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st year of any Bachelor of Engineering program in the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolled at a Newcastle campus.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by attaining an ATAR of 75 or higher.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Not have previously completed an Australian undergraduate degree program.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
- Scholarship Amount: $21,000
- Number of scholarships available: 1
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of assessment of the required written statement and the application against eligibility criteria, academic merit, and performance at an interview, if required.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759