Delta Electricity Scholarship
28 February 2022
This scholarship was established to recognise a commitment to higher education by Delta Electricity. Delta Electricity has been offering scholarships at University of Newcastle since 2007 with the intention to offer financial support to undergraduate students at University of Newcastle's Central Coast Campus or who reside within the Central Coast LGA.
Eligible programs for this scholarship are:
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Business
For more information on this scholarship, please review the Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in an eligible program for this scholarship, being the B Enviromental Science, B Business, and Environmental, Mechanical, E&E, Chemical and Mechatronics Engineering programs.
- Be studying at Central Coast Campus (for relevant programs) and/or be a resident of the Central Coast LGA.
- Demonstrate academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 95 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 for continuing students.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident (includes New Zealand Permanent Residents).
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A personal statement (approx. 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievements, career aspirations in the relevant area of study, and how this scholarship would assist you.
- Up to 3 documents which demonstrate your academic achievement, such as awards and acknowledgements, participation in enrichment and travel programs or internships, academic competitions or challenges, your portfolio and/or cv.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $5000 to be paid as a lump sum paid after the semester one census dates (usually in April).
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. The Selection Committee may choose to interview applicants.
Preference may be given to shortlisted applicants who are enrolled with our Central Coast Campus (in the B Environmental Science and B Business programs.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.