CSIRO - FEBE Industry Placement Scholarship Scheme
DonorCommonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
The Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment has developed the Industry Placement Stream within its undergraduate programs, providing students with an opportunity to gain real world experience as part of their studies with the University, and to apply the theory and skills learned while studying in a professional workplace.
The Industry Placement Scholarship Scheme offers financial support to a student commencing in the Industry Placement Stream by way of a scholarship for the duration of the program, up to 4 years. The sponsor will also provide opportunity for the student to undertake industry placements to meet the requirements of the Industry Placement Stream.
A scholarship sponsored by CSIRO is now available for a current first year female student studying in the Industry Placement Stream of the:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Hons), or the
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons).
Placement will be arranged toward the end of 2019, before moving on to your second year of your program.
Applications are open now and will need to be submitted via email to email@example.com before midnight 13 September.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st year of a B Mechanical Engineering (Hons), B Mechatronics Engineering (Hons), B Electrical Engineering (Hons), B Computer Systems Engineering (Hons) or B Software Engineering (Hons) at UON Callaghan Campus.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be able to demonstrate high academic achievement with a GPA of 5.0 (for continuing students)
- Be female.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) outlining your academic achievements to date, career aspirations in the relevant area of study/research, and how this scholarship would assist you.
- An outline of your interest in the scholarship and associated future opportunities with this Industry partner. You also have the option to provide documents supporting your community leadership claims and academic achievements.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume.
This scholarship provides a benefit of $10,000 per annum, paid in two equal lump sums following the semester 1 and semester 2 census dates each year.
The total scholarship value is $40,000 over 4 years, provided ongoing eligibility is maintained and is subject to available funding.
The scholarship also offers the opportunity to undertake industry placements within the Sponsor’s workplace in order to satisfy the requirements of the Industry Placement Stream of your program.
Applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on 13 September 2019.
Please reference CSIRO FEBE Industry Scholarship Application in the subject and include your supporting documentation along with your name, program, and student number.
Selection will be made in two stages:
- Shortlisting of applicants based on assessment of the applications and relevant supporting documents; and
- An interview of shortlisted applicants by the Selection Committee.
Selection will be made by the Faculty Selection Committee, which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the Pro-Vice Chancellor for the Faculty and may include a company representative.
PVC Unit Team
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
Building EF, Room EF105
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 6025
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759