Impact of QTR in Victorian secondary schools
Quality Teaching Rounds (QTR) is an approach to teacher professional development focused on pedagogy. It is high-impact, research-backed professional development that makes a significant difference for teachers and students. In a NSW study, student achievement in maths was 25% greater in schools that participated in QTR.
The Victorian Department of Education and Training has partnered with the Teachers and Teaching Research Centre at the University of Newcastle and the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) to test the impact of QTR on student achievement in Victorian government secondary schools in 2022.
Participating schools will receive $7,000 in funding for teacher release to support participation in the project.
- Victorian secondary schools with four interested teachers
- At least one teacher with a Year 8 maths class and one teacher with a Year 8 English class in 2022
- Two teachers attend a fully-funded two day QTR workshop in Term 2, 2022
- Teachers undertake four days of in-school Rounds during Term 2, 2022
- Students complete a short online survey and Progressive Achievement Tests in English and maths in Term 1 & 4, 2022
- Teachers complete a short online survey each term.
How to applyPrincipal Consent Form Download and sign here
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.