Quality Teaching Rounds
Quality Teaching Rounds (QTR) is a ground-breaking approach to teacher professional development, with demonstrated impact on quality of teaching, teacher morale and school culture. The approach applies across all subjects and year levels, and builds the confidence and capacity of teachers at all career stages.
For information on changes to QTR workshops and events in relation to the latest health advice please see QTR Workshops - COVID-19.
Current opportunities for schools
Join a research study
Funded opportunities to participate in research. Learn more.
Engage in professional development
Register for QTR workshops. Learn more.
Need more information?
Learn more about QTR here.
What are Quality Teaching Rounds?
- ARC Discovery “Investigating the efficacy, complexity and sustainability of Teacher change” (DP 180100285) (2018 – 2021)
- Building Capacity for Quality Teaching in Australian Schools (Paul Ramsay Foundation, 2018 – 2022)
- Project Launch booklet
- Improving teaching quality through peer observation and feedback: An investigation of the impact of Quality Teaching Rounds (NSW DEC 2014-2015)
- Investigating Quality Teaching Rounds to Support Teacher Professional Learning (ACT QTR) (ACT ETD, 2012)
- Effective Implementation of Pedagogical Reform (EIPR) (ARC Linkage/Parramatta CEO, 2009–2012)
- Systemic Implications of Pedagogy and Achievement in NSW Public Schools (SIPA) (ARC Linkage/NSW DET, 2004-2007)
Please contact the research team at the University of Newcastle by emailing QTR@newcastle.edu.au.