Indigenous Tutorial Program (tutor application)
The Wollotuka Institute requires highly motivated, sessional student tutors with sound academic background who have the capacity to work positively and productively with Indigenous students. The sessional student tutors play a pivotal role towards ensuring students maximise their educational outcomes and become independent life-long learners.
The positions are available on a sessional basis in 2020-21. Applicants who successfully demonstrate they meet the standards required for the role are placed in the recruitment pool for 12 months. They will be considered for roles as they become available.
Further information about this position and expectations can be viewed in the documents below:
- Program guidelines (pdf, 549.3 KB)
- Position description (pdf, 286.6 KB)
- Tutor responsibilities (pdf, 627.3 KB)
- Student responsibilities (pdf, 619.5 KB)
Please contact ITP@newcastle.edu.au for further information.
Interested in applying?
The Careers and Student Development team will help you through this process. Here are your next steps:
- Complete your application
The resources below will provide more details about the position and help you to prepare an excellent application.
- View the hiring manager information session
- Read the expression of interest information sheet on how to create a professional application
- Submit your draft application for review
- Submit your application
For additional information on the recruitment process contact the Careers and Student Development Team:
Phone: +61 2 4921 55 88
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.