Roberta Sykes Scholarship
The Roberta Sykes Scholarship provides supplementary financial assistance to Indigenous postgraduate students who wish to undertake studies at recognised overseas universities.
The value of the Scholarship is up to $30,000 for the period of one year, paid directly to the recipient in equal instalments at the start of each semester or term, subject to satisfactory academic progress. Applicants may reapply for the Scholarship in subsequent years.
- Have an undergraduate degree with a strong academic record
- Be accepted into a postgraduate coursework or research degree at a recognised overseas university
- Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and be accepted as such by the community in which they live or have lived
- Be able to demonstrate that they have, or will have, sufficient funds to support themselves during the course of their postgraduate degree (such as through another scholarship, private sponsorship or personal funds)
- Be able to demonstrate that their studies will be of benefit to their community upon their return to Australia.
Applications for the Roberta Sykes Scholarships are reviewed, and candidates interviewed, at each board meeting of the Roberta Sykes Indigenous Education Foundation. The deadlines to submit applications in 2015 will be announced early in 2015.
If you are interested in applying , please contact Sally Gordon.
- Sally Gordon
- Phone: 4921 6930
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities