UON postgraduates more likely to get jobs
The significant value of postgraduate study at the University of Newcastle (UON) has been highlighted by a new Careers Graduate Australia report, with UON students gaining more full-time work than the national average across a range of courses.
The 2014 Postgraduate Destinations report revealed that UON postgraduate students were 4% more likely than the national average of 81.9% to gain full-time employment shortly after completing their degrees, with an impressive full-time employment rate of 85.9%.
One hundred percent of Coursework Masters graduates in Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, Aero Engineering and Computer Science gained full-time employment after graduating from UON.
This compares to a national average of only 81.7% of postgraduate students in full-time work following university study.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers