Online Study Off Campus Support
The Library has an extensive range of online resources that can be accessed whilst off-campus.
Online resources and support guide for information and help with basic and more advanced digital skills for university learning technologies.
Access our Library publications online.
Library catalogue NewCat+ allows you to refine your search to locate online journal articles - select 'Journal Articles' from the Limit by menu on the left hand side.
eBooks can be found by selecting FORMAT then ebook, or by searching an eBook collection. Check out the eBook Guide for more information.
Lean Library Access provides one click access to UON Library’s subscription content and Open Access full text journal articles and eBooks wherever users are located, including off campus.
Subject Resource guides help you find subject specific resources.
Databases by title find the best library databases for your research, limit by subject or type.
Streaming videos watch documentaries, feature films, concerts, dance & music performances, medical procedures, TV news clips.
Referencing guide provides information and examples for each reference style.
Electronic Course readings collection access to your readings via the menu in your Blackboard course.
Use Get it to request items to be posted to your home address. Electronic copies of articles / chapters from books will be delivered to your University of Newcastle email address in PDF format.
Postal Borrowers initial due date is extended to allow for postage time - any consequent renewal is the same as for any other student.
You can also become a member and borrow from other Universities' libraries.
Library material that you are unable to borrow:
- 1 week loans or Course Readings in the physical collection
- Archives, Rare Books & Special Collections
- Items missing from the shelves
Renew loans online via MyLibrary or during opening hours on 02 4921 5850.
Library fine payments can be made:
- Online via Credit and Debit Cards + Paypal
- By phone Credit and Debit Card +61 2 49215850 during library hours
Return items by mail in padded envelopes to the Auchmuty Library. Allow enough time for return by the date due as fines will apply on overdue items. A return postbag is supplied and funded by SSAF.
Client Experience Services
University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308
We have group study rooms equipped with Zoom and virtual whiteboards for collaborative group work. You can join a group Zoom off-campus via the Zoom app. Book a room from the list below to get to get started.
Visiting our campuses
During the week
- Ask the Library - chat, email, text a question to 0427 089 224
- General enquiries Phone 02 492 15851
- Library Live service is available for help face-to-face via a video call.
Weekends and public holidays
- Chat is available 10:00am – 3:00pm on Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays during semester.
- Library Live service is available on Saturdays and Sundays at 10:30am – bookings are essential.