Library strategy and policies
The Library plays a pivotal role in supporting the learning and research activities of the University of Newcastle community. Our vision and strategic plan will meet the challenges of 2020-2025, to shape our services and our teams and to ensure we remain agile in our rapidly changing environment.
Subscribe to the Library's Stack on the University's issuu account to stay up-to-date with our publications.
These policies contain guidance and information for all users of Library facilities.
- Copyright Compliance Guidelines
- Copyright Compliance Policy
- Donating Books and Other Materials
- Filming in the Library
- Art and Special Collections Management Framework
- Library and Art Collection Development Policy
- Library Collection Management Framework
- Library, Galleries and Museum Use Policy
- Library Students as Partners Framework
Refer to the policy library for a full listing of the University’s policy documents.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.