Books and other Library Materials
The Library welcomes donations that are relevant to the learning, teaching and research needs of the University community, and which provide a demonstrated benefit to the Library's collections.
Conditions of Acceptance
The Library accepts donations on the understanding that location, cataloguing, retention and preservation are at the discretion of the Library.
Donations will become the property of the University of Newcastle Library and may not be claimed back at a later date.
We regret that we are unable to accept the following donations:
- Duplicates of titles already held in the collection
- Titles which don't directly contribute to the support of learning and teaching and research within the University
- Items in poor physical condition
- Superseded editions of textbooks or reference works (including encyclopaedias)
- Out of date content
- Incomplete sets
- Obsolete format
If you would like to donate books or other materials to the Library, please:
- Complete and sign the Books and other Library Materials Donation Form with an accompanying title list. PDF version or Word version
- Submit the form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via mail to Collection Management Services, Auchmuty Library, University of Newcastle, NSW 2308
- The Library will then contact you to arrange for any suitable titles to be dropped off at one of the Libraries.
Donations for Special Collections will be accepted where they are of particular historic, cultural or tangible significance to the University and its regional context. In such cases, items, collections, and other implications will be evaluated individually for acceptance, at the discretion and final decision of the University Librarian, in consultation with appropriate staff.
For further information please contact Special Collections
University Book Fair
In every odd-numbered year, the Friends of the University of Newcastle hold a Book Fair which raises money for spending on projects of benefit to the University. Suitable books and other material may be donated to the Friends.
For further information contact email@example.com
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.