By attending a professional placement at an accredited clinical centre in a variety of Nuclear Medicine service settings, this course allows students to broaden their professional practice experience, consolidate academic knowledge and refine professional skills towards competent practitioner level.
Availability2021 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2021
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competence with performing routine and complex Nuclear Medicine procedures.
2. Perform complex image analysis.
3. Demonstrate a professional attitude towards members of the public and other health care workers
4. Demonstrate clinical reasoning / management skills consistent with their level of experience
5. Demonstrate good communication skills with members of the public and other health care workers in the delivery of patient care
6. Practice within an ethical and legal framework
7. Apply the skills and knowledge necessary to employ an evidenced based approach to decision making in healthcare practice
8. Reflect upon, and evaluate and critique his or her role within and during the clinical placement, according to the level of experience
The course content includes all aspects of routine and complex nuclear medicine imaging and therapy applications, including hybrid imaging with CT.
Review of Progress
This course is a compulsory program requirement for students in the following program(s):
In addition to meeting the University's overall requirements for academic progression, students enrolled in these program(s) must satisfactorily complete this course in order to progress in their program.
Students must be active in the Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Nuclear Medicine) 40011 program and have successfully completed MRSC3080, STAT1070, MRSC3355 & MRSC3380
Students must sucessfully complete MRSC3355 & MRSC3380.
Report: Placement Workbook. *
Portfolio: Clinical portfolio *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Clinical: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course.
- Workshop: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course.
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Portfolio: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course.
- Report: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course. - Students must complete and submit and parts of the clinical workbook and complete the required clinical contact hours.
- Report: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course. - Students must gain 50% or more in the Final Clinical Supervisors Assessment with no criteria assessed at Below Expected levels.
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
Face to Face Off Campus 5 day(s) per Week for 7 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for 3 Weeks