This course allows students to refine their basic to advanced professional skills by participating in professional skill labs at university and by attending a professional placement at an accredited clinical centre. The labs and professional placement will increase confidence and competence in undertaking and participating in professional procedures of increasing difficulty or complexity.
Clinical placement occurs during Semester 1 for five weeks.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Observe and identify the role and function of medical radiation practitioners and health care team members in the delivery of health care
2. Continue to apply and participate in MRS procedures at a level suitable to their current clinical experience
3. Continue to develop and demonstrate a professional attitude towards members of the public and other health care workers
4. Further develop clinical reasoning skills
5. Further develop and apply communication skills with members of the public and other health care workers
6. Practice within an ethical and legal framework
7. Be able to evaluate and critique his or her role within and during the clinical practice according to the level of experience
8. Be able to describe the current and future roles that may be required to practice within and reflect on the need for continual learning to improve clinical practice
9. Summarise their clinical learning over the entire clinical program
- Hepato-Billary and Gastro-Intestinal Imaging
- Genito-Urinary Tract Imaging
- Femal and Maternal Imaging
- Neurological Imaging
Review of Progress
This course is a compulsory program requirement for students in the following program(s):
In addition to meeting the University's overall requirements for academic progression, students enrolled in these program(s) must satisfactorily complete this course in order to progress in their program.
Students must have successfully completed MRSC2150 & MRSC2160 PLUS
be concurrently enrolled in MRSC3100 and active in BMRS (Diagnostic Rad) (11017) OR be concurrently enrolled in MRSC3105 and active in BMRS (Honours) (Diagnostic Rad) (40002).
MRSC2150 Diagnostic Radiography Methods IIB
MRSC2160 Diagnostic Radiography Professional Practice IIB
Must be enrolled in or have successfully completed MRSC3100
Portfolio: Professional Skills / Clinical Competence Portfolio
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
Face to Face Off Campus 40 hour(s) per Week for 6 Weeks
A minimum of 200hours/25 shifts of compulsory clinical practice during the semester.Clinical Briefing 1hr per semester - compulsory attendance Clinical Debriefing 1hr per semester - compulsory attendance
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 3 Weeks