This course advances the student's understanding of selected research methods and concepts.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Recognise the similarities and differences between common qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research methodologies.
2. Describe, discuss and evaluate common qualitative/ quantitative research methodologies and design issues.
3. Describe ethical considerations pertaining to human research and be able to apply knowledge of research ethics to their own research proposal.
4. Generate a research question/testable hypothesis relevant to their discipline of study based on emerging knowledge critical appraisal of current literature.
5. Further develop critical appraisal skills.
- Quantitative research methods
- Qualitative research methods
- Mixed methods research
- An ethical approach to study design
- Review and advanced critical appraisal of literature
This course is only available to students who are active in B Nursing (Hons), B Health Sci (Hons), B Nutrition & Dietetics (Hons), B Occ Therapy (Hons) or B Physiotherapy (Hons), B MRS (Hons) programs or GC Health Science.
A completed degree in a relevant cognate discipline or completion of two years of a 4 year degree.
In Term Test: Online examinations x 4
Written Assignment: Assignment
Formal Examination: Final Exam
Online 24 hour(s) per Term
Moderated discussion board available through Blackboard