Global Business is increasingly confronted with the need to participate and manage in a real-time digital environment. Hence businesses need to consider how to take advantage of digital technologies as a tool and potential imperative for competitive advantage and whether their current marketing strategies are coherent with strategies for the digital market. Designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the impact of marketing in the digital environment, Digital Marketing targets the Web, mobile, iPads as well as social media in the context of both their technological underpinnings and facilitation of delivery mechanisms. Students investigate globalisation, adaptation, and real-time communication issues together with new forms of segmentation and an entire new paradigm of understanding consumer in this rapidly changing digital environment.
Availability2022 Course Timetables
- Trimester 1 - 2022
- Trimester 2 - 2022
Newcastle City Precinct
- Trimester 1 - 2022
- Trimester 3 - 2022
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Analyse the confluence of marketing, operations, and human resources in real-time delivery.
2. Demonstrate cognitive knowledge of the skills required in conducting online research and research on online markets, as well as in identifying, assessing and selecting digital market opportunities.
3. Explain emerging trends in digital marketing and critically assess the use of digital marketing tools by applying relevant marketing theories and frameworks.
4. Investigate and evaluate issues in adapting to globalised markets that are constantly changing and increasingly networked.
5. Interpret the traditional marketing mix within the context of a changing and extended range of digital strategies and tactics.
6. Comprehend the importance of conversion and working with digital relationship marketing.
7. Analyse cross-cultural and ethical issues in globalised digital markets.
The following topics will be included in the course:
- Introducing Internet marketing
- The Internet micro-environment
- The Internet macro-environment
- Internet marketing strategy
- The Internet and the marketing mix
- Relationship marketing using the Internet
- Delivering the online customer experience
- Campaign planning for digital media
- Marketing communications using digital media channels
- Evaluation and improvement of digital channel performance
- Business-to-consumer Internet marketing
- Business-to-business Internet marketing
Successful completion of GSBS6005 Marketing Management and Planning.
Report: Digital Marketing Concept Brief (Group Report)
Report: Digital Channel Analysis (individual Report)
Proposal / Plan: Digital Marketing Plan (Group Report)
Formal Examination: Final Exam
Newcastle City Precinct and Online
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.