Intelligent business decisions rely upon timely and accurate analysis of information. This course introduces students to the concepts, knowledge and techniques required to identify business needs and solve business problems. Within the course, students develop the ability to collect data from stakeholders, and convert this data into actionable information that can assist in business decision-making. The skills developed throughout this course can be applied to new insights and understanding across all functional areas of business.
Availability2019 Course Timetables
- Trimester 1 - 2020
- Trimester 3 - 2020
- Trimester 1 - 2020 (Singapore)
- Trimester 3 - 2020 (Singapore)
- Trimester 2 - 2020 (Singapore)
Newcastle City Precinct
- Trimester 2 - 2020
Sydney Elizabeth Street
- Trimester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Communicate the importance of evidence-based decision making in a business or organisational setting.
2. Demonstrate ability to identify issues or problems within a business or organisation, and design an appropriate research project to investigate.
3. Demonstrate developed skills in collecting and analysing data using a range of techniques.
4. Explain how the outcomes of research can be used to solve complex business or organisational problems.
5. Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate research findings in writing.
The content in this course includes:
- Introduction to analysis in a business context
- The business research process
- Measurement and scaling of variables
- Sampling techniques and procedures
- Using statistics to analyse business data
- Testing for differences between variables
- Testing for associations between variables
- Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Communicating the results of business analysis.
Written Assignment: Problem Solving and Questionnaire Design
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Newcastle City Precinct, Online, PSB Singapore and Sydney Elizabeth Street
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks
Internal Mode and Flexible Delivery: 36 hours of lectures/workshops for the full trimester/block. Online: Online workshops and discussion forums as per course requirement for the full trimester.
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks