Elementary French 2
A semester language unit designed as the continuation of the Introductory course FREN1100. The course provides vocabulary extension and further fundamental sentence patterns, still placing emphasis on communication skills.
On-Line from Callaghan
- Semester 1 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2016
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Be familiar with French sounds and pronunciation;
2. Speak and understand simple spoken every day French;
3. Recognise main characteristics of the cultures of French-speaking countries;
4. Be prepared linguistically to take more advanced French.
5. Correctly use French grammatical structures appropriate to the Elementary level 2
6. Demonstrate an ability to use technology at an elementary level in the online assessments environment.
Extends basic vocabulary and fundamental sentence structures acquired in FREN1100 by using authentic linguistic/cultural materials. Small group work concentrates on steadily building confidence and competence in the target language.
FREN1100 or equivalent. Students who are already competent or native speakers of this language are encouraged to undertake 2000 or 3000 level courses for a more engaged learning experience.
Quiz: Online quizzes
In Term Test: Written tests
In Term Test: Oral/Aural tests
Formal Examination: Final examination (formal) *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
Callaghan and On-Line from Callaghan
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks
Optional Face-to-face workshops (for self-directed study and/or support from lecturers) 2 hrs per wk for 12 wks (start in week 2) or online workshops (support from lecturers) 2 hrs per wk for 13 wks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks starting in week 1