Analyses the steady state of performance of D.C. and A.C. (single and polyphase) machines in the context of their application. Space vector theory is introduced. Fundamental power system topics are introduced including transmission line parameters and steady state operation and power system representation.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2018
- Trimester 1 - 2018 (Singapore)
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Solve Electrical Engineering problems associated with electric machines and power systems.
2. Write technical reports associated with the laboratory exercises
3. Perform experiments, collect data using appropriate measurement equipment and analyse these data so that reasonable conclusions can be made.
4. Perform as a member of a team in performing laboratory tasks in a setting which approximates an industrial environment.
5. Perform work safely and be aware of the workplace health and safety implications of the tasks carried out.
The course content may include the following topics:
- DC machines
- AC machine windings
- Space vector theory
- Steady state analysis of AC machines (polyphase and single phase)
- Transmission lines
- Power system representation
- Power flow
ELEC2132, ELEC2320 and ELEC2400
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Laboratories
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Callaghan and PSB Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 9 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term