This course introduces students to stage 6 of the Engineering studies syllabus. It is directed towards the application and advancement of skills associated with mathematics, science and technology and is integrated with business and management. It will provide students with skills, knowledge and understanding associated with a study of engineering, its practices and associated methodologies.
The subject promotes environment, economic and global-awareness, problem-solving ability, engagement with information technology, self-directed learning, communication, management and skills in working as a team.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Introduce students to the profession of engineering and to the stage 5 and 6 syllabus for engineering studies, explaining the intent and requirement of the syllabus documents.
2. Identify BOS assessment requirements for the HSC.
3. Extend the students' knowledge and understanding of engineering principles.
4. Explore and develop an appreciation of the responsibilities of engineers in society.
5. Enable the students to explore the nature of engineering in specific fields and report of the importance of these to society.
6. Analyse and synthesise engineering applications in specific fields and report on the importance of these to society.
7. Study the relationship between properties, uses and applications of materials in engineering.
8. Determine through observation, testing and experimentation suitable properties, uses and applications of materials in engineering.
A study of the stage 5 Industrial technology-engineering and stage 6 engineering studies syllabus.Development of mathematical and scientific knowledge, understandings and skills used in engineering drawing.
Undergraduate degree in TAS KLA or Science KLA.
Literature Review: Literature Review
Project: Projects - Reverse Engineering Challenge
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Case Scenario/PBL Exercises - Engineered Scenario
Integrated Learning Session
Online 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term