In this course, students will develop knowledge of how the Creative Industries initiate, develop and deliver projects to clients, audiences and stakeholders. They will gain an understanding of the structural relations and design of workflows of a range of sectors within the Creative Industriesand in a variety of cultural contexts. They will examine how creative project briefs are developed and negotiated, how creative projects are managed through the pre-production, production, and post-production phases and how they are delivered or distributed to clients and/or audiences. Students will explore the various collaborative models of stakeholder engagement throughout these processes and develop an understanding of the impact of technology on creative workflows.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
Newcastle City Precinct
- Semester 1 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. identify key stakeholders involved in a range of creative industry work practices
2. develop high quality creative briefs relevant to their own creative practice/interest
3. recognise key collaborative roles and relationships in the delivery of a creative project from concept design, through production, and to delivery or distribution to clients and/or audiences relevant to their own creative practice/interest
4. understand the workflows and key collaborative relationships in the sector/s of the Creative Industries most relevant to their own creative practice/interest
5. understand how technology influences value creation in the day-to-day work practices of the Creative Industries most relevant to their own creative practice/interest.
6. demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively on projects
7. demonstrate written communication skills at an intermediate level.
- Creative projects and stakeholders
- Creative industry workflows and organisation structures
- Roles, relationships & collaborative arrangements in the creative industries
- Project management and delivery
- The role of technology in creative industry workflows
CIND1000, CIND1001, CIND1002, CIND1003
Proposal / Plan: Proposal / Plan
Written Assignment: Written Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Written Assignment 2
Newcastle City Precinct
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term