Drive and park
We understand that a number of people will still need to drive their car to our City campus and there are a range of parking options for you to consider.Civic West car park $10 all day parking
Other parking options
- Park in one of the nearby parking stations. Many parking stations offer early bird rates for all day parking.
- Use paid, metered street parking for short periods.
- If you travel by motorcycle or scooter, Newcastle City Council (NCC) offers free street parking throughout the city.
- If you have disability permit there a number of disability parking bays identified on Auckland, Hunter, King and Burwood Streets. Please check the council parking signs or visit Google maps (street view) to locate these. The disability bay is still located in the UON managed Laman street car park.
- If you are travelling from Stockton, you can park on the other side of the bridge and catch the ferry over to the city.
- If you are travelling past Callaghan campus, you can park at Callaghan and catch the free NUspace shuttle to the city.
Need more information?
Click here to find out more about parking in the City.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.