Vice-Chancellor's award for research supervisor of the year
Faculty winnersFaculty of Business and Law
Faculty of Education and Arts
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
Faculty of Health and Medicine
Faculty of Science and Information Technology
|Dr Brendan Boyle|
Professor Philip Morgan
A/Prof Frans Henskens
Professor Robin Callister
A/Prof Ben Dascombe
About the Awards
These awards recognise outstanding research supervisors and the important role they play in our research achievements and in supporting our talented Research Higher Degree candidates.
Each Faculty and Academic Division conduct an award process. The Faculty/Academic Division award may be presented to a team of supervisors. The Vice-Chancellor's Award for Research Supervisor of the Year is then presented to the most outstanding winner of a Faculty/Academic Division award.
Winners of a Faculty/Academic Division category will receive $2,000 (paid as salary, travel or research funds) and a certificate.
The winner of the Vice-Chancellor's Award for Research Supervisor of the Year will receive $10,000 (paid as a research grant held at the University of Newcastle for the following calendar year) and a certificate. If a team receives an award the prize money will be divided amongst the team. The awards will be presented at the annual staff awards.
Please note that recipients of the Faculty/Academic Division and/or the Vice-Chancellor's awards are excluded from subsequent nomination within four years of their award. Please check the list of previous winners below.
Please contact the coordinator of the Faculty/Academic Division where the supervisor is employed for a copy of their guidelines/nomination form.
Faculty of Business and Law: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty of Education and Arts: email@example.com
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty of Health and Medicine: email@example.com
Faculty of Science and IT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Division: email@example.com
2014 award winners
The Vice-Chancellor's Award for 2014 - Professor Clare Collins
- Business and Law - Associate Professor Guilherme Pires and Dr Philip Rosenberger III
- Education and Arts - Associate Professor Shen Chen and Dr Jennifer Archer
- Engineering and Built Environment - Professor Daichao Sheng
- Health and Medicine - Professor Clare Collins
- Science and Information Technology - Associate Professor Rob Atkin
2013 award winners
The Vice-Chancellor's Award for 2013 - Associate Professor Michael Arthur-Kelly
- Business and Law - Team award to Associate Professor Kevin Lyons and Dr Tamara Young
- Education and Arts - Associate Professor Michael Arthur-Kelly
- Engineering and Built Environment - Associate Professor Zhiyong Chen
- Health and Medicine - Dr Neil Spratt
- Science and Information Technology - Dr Phillip McIntyre
2012 award winners
The Vice-Chancellor's Award for 2012 - Professor Deborah Hodgson
- Education and Arts - Professor Pam Nilan
- Health - Associate Professor Christine Paul
- Science and Information Technology - Professor Deborah Hodgson