- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UoN
- Graduate Research
Institutes and centres
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Asthma and Respiratory Diseases
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Chemical Biology
- Complex and Dynamic Systems
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Gender, Health and Ageing
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Health Behaviour
- Organic Electronics
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics
- Cancer treatment
- Integrated Engineering Asset Management
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research in Energy and Resources
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
- Science and IT Research
- Researcher resources
The Speech pathology discipline is distinctive in its diversity (speech, language, fluency, disability, aphasia) and focus on the impact of communication disorders and disabilities in everyday life and on key stakeholders supporting them in education, health and employment.
Network Leader: Dr Bronwyn Hemsley,
In December 2013 the Speech Pathology Research Network will be holding a three-day international research symposium 'Communicating Together' Speech Pathology Symposium'
The University of Newcastle (UON) is celebrating its first decade in Port M...
The University of Newcastle's Civil and Structural Engineering discipline h...
Hollywood special effects gurus Greg Downing and the University of Newcastl...
The UON Slingshot Accelerator Program, an initiative to identify high poten...
The successful community weight loss program 'Healthy Dads, Healthy kids' b...
Bronwyn Hemsley's research is helping bypass speech difficulties through the use of mobile technologies and e-health solutions....
Alison Ferguson explores novel communication strategies for people who have lost speech and language function....