Risk assessments for teaching and research
To keep you, your students and anyone involved in your research and teaching safe, you need to complete a risk assessment before starting any new activity.
For overseas research activities to high risk locations please also complete the risk assessment guide for overseas work form (DOC, 132KB).
Once your forms have been submitted, the Health and Safety Team will arrange for them to be reviewed by the relevant committee or subject matter expert in order to seek approval for the project or activity to proceed.
The information is reviewed and assessed, which might involve discussions with the responsible academic or an inspection of the workplace. Where the risks are determined to be well controlled, safety approval is granted and you are notified that you can proceed.
- Fieldwork medical questionnaire (DOC, 141KB)
- Offsite visit interview safety guideline (DOC, 479KB)
- Radiation safety manual (PDF, 777KB)
- Research Participant Reimbursement and Cash Handling Procedural guidelines (PDF, 47KB)
- Risk assessment guide for overseas travel (DOC, 266KB)
- Safety form flowchart (PDF, 48.4KB)
- Scuba diving operations manual (PDF, 653KB)