STAT4107 provides preparation for completion of a supervised research project. Students carry out a literature review of the material relevant to their project, develop a research proposal and timeline and begin their research project.
- Semester 2 - 2015
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Be able to use the various data bases and search engines to locate material relevant to their project
2. Be acquainted with the steps necessary to plan a research project
3. Appreciate the style and ways in which statistics is disseminated
In this course, under the supervision of a member of the academic staff, students will;
- Undertake a search of relevant literature
- Prepare an initial bibliography
- Complete appropriate background reading
- Develop a research proposal and timeline
- Commence initial work on their project
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours) program.
A strong background in 3000/4000 level courses relevant to the area of the project.
Presentation: Oral Presentation: Initial literature review and project proposal
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term