Introduction to Web Engineering
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Introduction to collaborative development methodologies.
2. Software design techniques for distributed heterogeneous computing environments.
3. Languages, components and techniques that support web based application development.
4. Evolutionary development techniques and effort estimation.
5. Web Engineering lifecycle and fine grained software evolution.
6. Developing software tools for the non-expert.
7. Group development of Web-based software
- Design methodologies to support customizable systems.
- Development and maintenance models for Web Systems.
- Documents oriented system development.
- Server Side Programming: JSP, Java Beans, JDBC etc.
- System security signed applets and encrypted communications.
- Introduction to programming distributed web architectures.
- End-User application development and cultural aspects.
- Techniques for supporting mobile Web device.
SENG6110 and COMP6050.
Formal Examination: Examination: Formal *
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course. - Students must obtain 40% in the final exam to pass the course.
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term