Introduction to Web Engineering
- Semester 2 - 2016
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Develop a web application using server side programming languages and components.
2. Apply the web engineering methodologies for Web application development
3. Develop a component based web solution and use UML diagrams to describe such a solution.
4. Identify and discuss the security risk of a Web application.
- Design methodologies to support customizable systems.
- Development and maintenance models for Web Systems.
- Documents oriented system development.
- Server Side Programming: JSP, Java Beans, JDBC etc.
- System security signed applets and encrypted communications.
- Introduction to programming distributed web architectures.
- End-User application development and cultural aspects.
- Techniques for supporting mobile Web device.
SENG1110 and COMP1050
Written Assignment: Programming Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Programming Assignment 2
Project: Group Project
Formal Examination: Formal Examination *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course. - Students must obtain >= 40% in the final exam to pass the course.
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term