Introduction to Web Engineering
|Course code SENG2050||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Engineering and Built EnvironmentSchool of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
Available in 2014
|Objectives||1. Introduction to collaborative development methodologies.|
2. Software design techniques for distributed heterogeneous computing environments.
3. Languages, components and techniques that support web based application development.
4. Evolutionary development techniques and effort estimation.
5. Web Engineering lifecycle and fine grained software evolution.
6. Developing software tools for the non-expert.
7. Group development of Web-based software
|Content||* Design methodologies to support customizable systems.|
* Development and maintenance models for Web Systems.
* Documents oriented system development.
* Server Side Programming: JSP, Java Beans, JDBC etc.
* System security signed applets and encrypted communications.
* Introduction to programming distributed web architectures.
* End-User application development and cultural aspects.
* Techniques for supporting mobile Web device.
|Assumed Knowledge||SENG1110 and COMP1050|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Laboratory: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for SENG2050|