Pharmacy Research Project (Part A)
This course is Part A of a multi-term sequence. Part B must also be completed to meet the requirements of the sequence.
Students will undertake an individual supervised research project, incorporating self-directed learning, with assistance from their supervisor. Projects will address a health sciences related research question. Students will use evidence-based techniques to develop a hypothesis which will go on to be tested in Pharmacy Research Project (Part B). Students will utilise sufficient published literature to develop an appropriate research question and hypothesis.
Not currently available.
1. Develop a research question.
2. Critically appraise the literature related to the research question.
3. Demonstrate the application of research strategies.
4. Collect data appropriately.
5. Analyse and interpret data.
6. Demonstrate advanced oral and written communication skills including the presentation of a research report.
- Planning a research question.
- Critically appraising the literature.
- Developing a testable hypothesis.
- Designing a study and selecting a research method.
- Obtaining ethics approval (if required).
- Managing a research project.
- Presenting research results.
PHAR4103 & 4104 Pre-Requisites and requirements for Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) 12328 program.
PHAR3204 Research Methodology and Health Technology Assessment.
Presentation: Research Seminars
Presentation: Oral presentation
Thesis: Final Research Thesis and Journal Articles