Current Practice in Occupational Health and Safety
This course examines three core aspects of current OHS practice. These aspects comprise: OHS risk management; accident/incident causation; and OHS systems.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Access various information sources required to effectively manage Health and Safety in a workplace environment;
2. Explain the need for organisational and operational risk management policies, procedures and practices in identifying, assessing and controlling risk;
3. Explain, analyse and apply a range of current risk assessment techniques;
4. Explain, analyse and apply a range of current incident/accident causation theories and models;
5. Outline the main principles underpinning Health & Safety Systems and associated regulatory structures.
This course has three modules, as follows:
- Risk Management.
- Accident/Incident Causation.
- OHS Systems.
Written Assignment: Essay/Written assignment
In Term Test: Essay/Written Assignment (Online test)
Online Learning Activity: Online Discussion
Formal Examination: Exam
Online 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self-Directed 7 hour(s) per Week for Full Term