Integrated Marketing Communications
Integrated Marketing Communications is an extremely important part of the marketing mix, as no-one will rush to buy your product if they do not know about it! It is therefore vital to effectively and efficiently communicate your message about your product, service and/or idea to the marketplace. The role of integrated marketing communications in marketing management from both theoretical and practical perspectives is the core of the course.
Students investigate topics which include the role of IMC, the use of agencies, communication/behavioural aspects of advertising, planning, budgeting and decision-making, media selection and controls on communication activities.
- Trimester 1 - 2017
- Trimester 3 - 2017
Sydney Elizabeth Street
- Trimester 2 - 2017
Newcastle City Precinct
- Trimester 2 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Outline the nature of IMC and describe its environment;
2. Explain how to set IMC objectives and formulate an IMC budget;
3. Evaluate creative strategies in the light of given marketing objectives and strategies;
4. Analyse and evaluate the cost effectiveness of various forms of media;
5. Explain the behavioural factors that influence the effectiveness of communications;
6. Describe the various control mechanisms to evaluate activities;
7. Prepare an IMC Plan.
This course includes but is not limited to the following topics:
- Introduction to IMC.
- The consumer and marketing communications.
- Organising and budgeting for marketing communications.
- Creative strategy.
- Media planning and strategy.
- Evaluating media options
- Direct and interactive marketing; Sales promotion.
- Public relations, publicity and corporate advertising.
- Personal selling.
- Support media
- Evaluating IMC campaigns
- Ethics and legal issues
GSBS6005 Marketing Management and Strategy
Project: IMC Plan Project (Individual)
Presentation: Presentation (Group)
In Term Test: Mid Term Quiz
Formal Examination: Final Exam
Newcastle City Precinct, Sydney Elizabeth Street and WebLearn GradSchool
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term