|Course code GSBS6060||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Business and LawNewcastle Business School|
Strategic Management informs students of issues and perspectives in strategic management and corporate policy as well as test knowledge and skills through a range of possible challenges such as debates and case studies participation in a corporate policy game or a management consultancy in addition to an exam.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:|
1. Critically discuss the concepts and models of strategic management.
2. Think strategically about an organisation, its present business position, its long-term direction, its resource and competitive capabilities, the effectiveness of its strategy, and its opportunities for gaining sustainable competitive advantage.
3. Utilise strategic management tools to conduct strategic analysis of organisations in a variety of industries and competitive situations and understand the challenges and opportunities of the global market environment.
4. Develop and present a critically reflective, well-structured case analysis.
5. Integrate the tasks of management and planning in an organisation within a competitive environment.
|Content||The topics in this course include but are not limited to:|
1. Overview of strategic management
2. Strategic Management Theory
3. Strategic Analysis
4. Strategic Planning
5. Strategy Development
6. Strategic Evaluation
7. Strategy Implementation
8. Current Issues in Strategic Management
|Assumed Knowledge||40 units of Master of Business or MBA core courses|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for GSBS6060|