Strategic Management informs students of issues and perspectives in strategic management and corporate policy as well as test knowledge and skills through a range of possible challenges such as debates and case studies participation in a corporate policy game or a management consultancy in addition to an exam.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Trimester 2 - 2017 (Singapore)
- Trimester 2 - 2017
Sydney Elizabeth Street
- Trimester 3 - 2017
Newcastle City Precinct
- Trimester 3 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Critically discuss the concepts and models of strategic management.
2. Think strategically about an organisation, its present business position, its long-term direction, its resource and competitive capabilities, the effectiveness of its strategy, and its opportunities for gaining sustainable competitive advantage.
3. Utilise strategic management tools to conduct strategic analysis of organisations in a variety of industries and competitive situations and understand the challenges and opportunities of the global market environment.
4. Develop and present a critically reflective, well-structured case analysis.
5. Integrate the tasks of management and planning in an organisation within a competitive environment.
The topics in this course include but are not limited to:
- Overview of strategic management
- Strategic Management Theory
- Strategic Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Strategy Development
- Strategic Evaluation
- Strategy Implementation
- Current Issues in Strategic Management
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Master of Business, Master of Business Administration, Doctor of Business Administration, Master of Aviation Management and associated combined programs.
40 units of Master of Business or MBA core courses
Essay: Individual Research Written Paper
Presentation: Group Project Written Report and Group Presentation
Formal Examination: Final Examination
Newcastle City Precinct, UoN Singapore, Sydney Elizabeth Street and WebLearn GradSchool
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
The workshop will be an interactive workshop for the full trimester or online equivalent.