Studies in Law 2
|Course code EPHUMA247||Units 10||English Language & Foundation Studies Centre|
Studies in Law 2 builds on the foundation laid in Studies in Law 1 - "The Australian Legal System". Students will study specific areas of law, which are both interesting and topical.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On completion of this course students will have developed: |
1. foundational knowledge of the Australian legal system and key legal concepts.
2. a preparatory competence in academic, research, communication and study skills.
3. the ability to successfully engage with the university teaching and learning environments.
4. a developing understanding of requirements of academic integrity and ethical conduct.
|Content||Topics in EPHUMA247 Studies in Law 2 include:|
1. General Introduction, Murder/Manslaughter, Defences, Investigation, Punishment and Criminology
2. Torts: Negligence, Passing Off and Defamation
3. Property Law, Health Law and Consumer Law
|Assumed Knowledge||EPHUMA147 Studies in Law.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 11 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EPHUMA247|