Directed Study I
|Course code EPHUMA135||Units 10||English Language & Foundation Studies Centre|
EPHUMA135 Directed Study I provides an opportunity for students to pursue independent research on a topic relevant to their future undergraduate studies. It introduces the academic skills that will be required in undergraduate studies, whilst allowing a degree of self-direction. Students must be capable of working with minimal supervision.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||1. Students will be expected to develop skills in research, using appropriate methodologies and resources.|
2. Students must demonstrate an ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
3. Students must demonstrate competence in academic methods of presentation in submitting a final essay and oral presentation.
|Content||1. Topic will depend on specific interest of student and relevance to undergraduate program.|
2. Attendance at research workshops.
3. Preparation of an annotated bibliography.
4. Preparation of a research timeline.
5. Preparation of a major research essay using appropriate academic style.
6. Presentation of an oral outline of the outcomes of the research.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for EPHUMA135|