Visual Art 2
The course introduces a wide variety of approaches leading to a substantial and varied portfolio of work suitable to assist admission to art and design studies at university level. Studio space restricts class size. Class work includes: exercises and discussions to extend creative and personal expression; the development of observational skills through attitudes and processes in selected 2-D and 3-D areas reinforced by independent studies and home projects; thematic developments, inter-media experiments and exhibition preparation and presentation. Visits to art galleries provide insights into current art practice. An understanding of the language of art criticism and research methods will be provided.
- Semester 2 - 2015
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Establish basic practical skills, techniques and approaches;
2. Investigate concepts, materials and applications within a contemporary framework, related to the history and theories of art;
3. Stimulate interest in creativity in fine art areas;
4. Expand the sources of research material;
5. Extend relevant fieldwork practices;
6. Develop independent study skills.
History/Theory topics, which are, as far as possible, integrated with the studio activities, will be selected from:
- Major approaches in contemporary American and European art, which embody the basic principles of Modernism, Post-Modernism, Pop Art, Expressionism and Abstraction.
- Recent Australian, Aboriginal and other Asia-Pacific art, including photography, video and installation practices.
- Art Gallery practices.
Studio topics will be selected from:
- Development of themes and concepts in painting, drawing and selected 2-D media.
- Further exploration of 3-D forming, construction techniques and processes.
- Critical observation and research methods.
- Exhibition organisation and presentation skills.
Essay: Essays/Written Assignments
Journal: Visual Diary
Presentation: Seminar Presentations - Individual
Portfolio: Final Portfolio
Ourimbah and Callaghan
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks