Specialist Studies in Technology 4
|Course code EDUC4245||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course explores the principles and practices of teaching and learning Stage 6 Technology in New South Wales schools. Students will explore lesson planning and programming for the Stage 6 curriculum of their first and second teaching specialisations; course and assessment requirements of the NSW Higher School Certificate; strategies, technologies and resources for teaching and assessing senior Technology; and issues related to managing and supervising senior Technology projects.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will have the capacity to:|
1) Design challenging, engaging, and supportive project-based learning units for teaching the Stage 6 Technology curriculum of their first and second teaching areas.
2) Utilise appropriate pedagogies, resources, and assessment practices for teaching Stage 6 Technology.
3) Understand the assessment requirements of the NSW Higher School Certificate.
4) Understand issues involved in managing and supervising senior technology projects.
|Content||This course will cover:|
* The requirements of the NSW Higher School Certificate as they apply to Stage 6 Technology curriculum specialisations.
* The suite of Stage 6 Technology syllabi.
* Lesson and unit planning for Stage 6 Technology syllabi.
* Pedagogical strategies and assessment practices for teaching Stage 6 Technology syllabi.
* Strategies for managing and supervising senior technology projects.
|Transition||Students who have completed either EDUC4094 and EDUC4095 prior to the end of 2009 will be deemed to have completed EDUC4245.|
|Assumed Knowledge||Students should have completed EDUC2101, EDUC2145, EDUC2245 and EDUC345. It is expected that in EDUC2101 they would have enrolled in the Design and Technology tutorial.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 9 weeks|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 8 weeks
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for EDUC4245|