Specialist Studies in Technology 4
|Course code EDUC4245||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course provides an introduction to curriculum, pedagogy and assessment for teaching the Stage 6 Design and Technology and Industrial Technology Syllabi. It provides students with an opportunity to understand the various discourses on current issues that inform teachers' knowledge and pedagogical practice as well as critically engaging with models of pedagogy. Students will experience authentic opportunities to work with stage 6 students
Available in 2014
|Objectives||Through undertaking this course students will demonstrate the capacity to:|
1. Critically engage with various discourses / demands/ approaches to pedagogy / theories that capture the complexities of the curriculum.
2. Understand the various discourses that inform teachers' knowledge and pedagogical practice.
3. Critically engage, in an authentic environment, with models of pedagogy and resources for stage 6 syllabi.
4. Design and informally assess challenging, engaging, and supportive learning experiences when teaching the Stage 6 Technology students.
5. Demonstrate the teaching of numeracy skills when using appropriate numeracy based skills to manufacture stage 6 major projects.
|Content||This course introduces students to:|
• Stage 6 Design and Technology and Industrial Syllabus-
• Authentic mentoring of stage 6 students
• Planning Lessons, Programming/Unit of Work/Resources
• Contemporary approaches to pedagogy (incl. the NSW Quality Teaching framework).
• Academic culture, literacy, numeracy and technacy issues.
• Problem Based Learning, Design, Communication, Research, Innovation, Emerging Technologies, Sustainability, Evaluation
• Major Project and Folio Management
• Professional Affiliates: TEA, IIATE, NSW Institute of Teachers, TEA. DECA, HEA, HHEA.
• Teaching Strategies including: Autonomous Learning Model, Case Study, Industry Studies, Oral Presentations, Research, Discourse and Mentoring.
• Scope and Sequence
• Whole School Assessment
• Using SMART Data
• Using formative and summative data
• Stage 6 Subject Assessment Requirements
• HSC assessment and examination
• Oral and Written reports
• Graphics and Electronics/Robotics
|Transition||Students who have completed either EDUC4094 and EDUC4095 prior to the end of 2009 will be deemed to have completed EDUC4245.|
|Assumed Knowledge||Students should have completed EDUC2101, EDUC2145, EDUC2245 and EDUC345. It is expected that in EDUC2101 they would have enrolled in the Design and Technology tutorial.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 9 weeks|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 8 weeks
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for EDUC4245|