Knowledge and Communication Technologies
In this course students will explore the ways in which new technologies can be used to support and extend student learning. Through project-based tasks students will develop the capacity and confidence to employ digital devices and software applications to construct and communicate new knowledge in and beyond the classroom. Attention will also be given to the social impact of technology; frameworks for thinking about the pedagogical use of new technologies; digital, visual and media literacy; and information literacy processes.
- Trimester 1 - 2016
- Trimester 2 - 2016
- Trimester 3 - 2016
Port Macquarie Nth Coast Inst
- Semester 1 - 2016
- Trimester 2 - 2016
1. Relate relevant pedagogical frameworks and curriculum models to classroom use of new technologies.
2. Use technology as a tool to facilitate quality teaching and learning.
3. Construct and communicate new knowledge using digital devices and software applications.
4. Display an understanding of critical, digital, visual, media, and information literacy.
5. Demonstrate a capacity to work collaboratively on a technology-focused project-based learning task.
6. Explain the social impact of new technologies.
This course will address:
- Frameworks for the pedagogical use of new technologies.
- The role of technology in knowledge construction and communication.
- Digital, visual and media literacy concepts and principles.
- The information literacy process.
- The design process and project-based learning of new technologies.
- Evaluation of new technologies and their social impact.
- Practical skill development with digital technologies.
Written Assignment: Essays/Written Assignments
Project: Interactive Digital Lesson Resources
Face to Face On Campus 10 hour(s) per Term
Self-Directed 6 hour(s) per Term
Face to Face On Campus 18 hour(s) per Term
Either timetabled or online learning as specified in the Course Outline. Number of workshops depend on student numbers and staff availability. Lectures may be podcast. Course may be delivered on a weekly basis or in a block mode