Design Projects 3: Designing for Print and Graphic Environments
This course introduces students to a variety of design for print and static 3D / environmental graphic applications through a series of practical and experimental project briefs. It will cover key professional applications of design for print and static 3D / environmental graphic media as well as enabling opportunities for more experimental approaches to their use. It will explore the relationship between content generation and image, type and graphic interplay with particular emphasis on layout design and static 3D / environmental graphics.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Conceive and design a variety of print and static 3D / environmental graphic forms of visual communication;
2. Demonstrate and apply a creative understanding of the interplay between content, image, type and graphic elements;
3. Generate content for professional and experimental print and static 3D / environmental graphic design applications;
4. Complete design projects to production ready standards through project driven self-tuition of relevant production skills.
Topics will include:
- The relationship between print and 3D / environmental graphic design content and form;
- Concept and content generation;
- Layout and design for print and 3D / environmental graphic media;
- Professional and experimental applications of print and 3D / environmental graphic media design.
This course replaces the following course(s): DESN2170. Students who have successfully completed DESN2170 are not eligible to enrol in DESN2031.
Pre-requisite - successful completion of DESN1011, DESN1100, DESN1021 and DESN1150
Must have successfully completed both DESN1011 Design Projects 1 and DESN1021 Design Projects 2 Highly recommended that students have also successfully completed all of DESN1111 Design Imaging 1 and DESN1112 Design Imaging 2 and DESN1101 Typography 1 and DESN1102 Typography 2
Presentation: Presentations - Individual
Written Assignment: Essay / Written Assignments
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 4 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks