Issues in Taxation
Exposes students to more advanced issues relating to the applications of the Income Tax Assessment Acts and related legislation. The course covers State Taxes; Taxation of Primary Producers, Authors, Inventors & Sports persons; Taxation of Superannuation Funds and the Superannuation Guarantee Scheme; International Taxation; Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion; Tax Planning; Taxation of Trusts and Minors; Australian Taxation Office Audits and Administration; Tax Agents Regulation; Collection of Income Tax; Penalties and Tax Reform.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Demonstrate specific knowledge of Australian income tax laws.
2. Access provisions of the Income Tax Assessment Acts and related legislation.
3. Analyse, evaluate and synthesise information to solve tax problems.
4. Recognise, interpret and investigate tax planning issues in particular factual situations.
5. Communicate technical tax information to client taxpayers.
6. Demonstrate a practical knowledge of professional ethics and standards.
To expose students to more advanced issues relating to the applications of the Income Tax Assessment Acts and related legislation.
ACFI3170 - Taxation in Australia
Written Assignment: Written Assesssment
Quiz: Mid Semester Quiz
Formal Examination: Final Examination
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks