Personal Financial Planning
Within Australia, Personal Financial Planning is now a highly regulated industry. The course aims to provide you with a broad overview of the nature and scope of individual financial planning within the national context. Specific coverage of each of the major components necessary for the development of individual financial plans is given, and the regulatory environment in which practicing financial planners operate is examined. Emphasis is market orientated and thus quantitative, supported by conceptual theory.
- Semester 2 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Comprehend and interrelate the key conceptual, methodological and regulatory considerations involving investment, superannuation, retirement planning, risk management and estate planning needs of individuals.
2. Compare and contrast strategies.
3. Analyse taxation implications of alternative investments and strategies
4. Examine the changing financial planning environment and identify key issues facing the financial planning sector.
5. Utilise appropriate investigative methods to collect financial and business information in order to inform well supported decision-making
6. Engage in collaborative planning, work in consultation, and evaluate the process.
Provides a broad overview of the nature and scope of individual financial planning in the Australian context. Provides specific coverage of the major components necessary for the development of individual financial plans.
ACFI1001, ECON1002, ACFI1003, STAT1060 (or ECON1003 or equiv 1000-level Mathematics course).
In Term Test: Spot Tests
Quiz: Mid Semester Quiz
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Group Case Study
Formal Examination: Final Examination
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Students are expected to complete 4 hours of guided learning via online preparation, lectures, interactive workshops, tutorials, discussion groups or self-directed learning and an additional 6 hours of independent study per week.