Help on campus
Security and emergencies
We do everything we can to keep students, staff and visitors safe when visiting our campuses and facilities. However sometimes emergency situations can occur.
If there is an emergency (including fire, chemical spills, gas leaks, medical emergencies, bomb threats and physical threats) please either:
- call 000
- call the emergency line 4921 5888 (Newcastle campus at Callaghan and City precinct), 4348 4222 (Central Coast) or 0412 595 054 (Port Macquarie)
- use one of the Help Point Emergency Phones located about campus
- use any lift phone
- activate a duress button (where fitted)
- trigger an alarm notification, eg fire alarm.
We have over 100 qualified first aid officers across Newcastle, City precinct, Central Coast and Sydney locations, as well as at other University staffed sites.
Find your nearest first aid officer (PDF, 121KB).
First aid officers:
- provide first aid assistance to staff, students and visitors
- ensure First Aid Kits are stocked
- report incidents and list first aid provided through the Online Incident Report Form
- provide assistance in the event of an evacuation.
For more information see:
Security Services manage lost property. If you are looking for a lost item, please email Security Services with the following information:
- the date and location the item was lost (if known)
- a detailed description of the item (colour, brand, distinctive markings etc)
- your contact details
Please also contact Security Services if you have found lost property. Please bring items to Security Services in the Services Building at Newcastle campus (Callaghan) or Facilities Management Building at Central Coast campus (Ourimbah) as soon as possible.
All lost property is kept for one month. After that time, if the owner cannot be identified we will dispose of the item appropriately.