Services and facilities
Our Central Coast students benefit from outstanding facilities, many of which are purpose-built to replicate industry situations.
Unique places and spaces
At Ourimbah, we are particularly proud of our unique, state-of-the-art teaching and learning spaces for our degrees in exercise and sport science, psychology, podiatry, oral health, teaching, nursing and food science.
Before venturing out into business and community placements, our students develop their practical and theoretical skills in purpose-built teaching facilities including:
- Exercise science and exercise physiology testing facilities - part of the new $7.7million Exercise and Sport Science and Psychology building.
- Clinical laboratories for nursing, oral health and podiatry - students develop skills in settings that simulate hospital wards.
- Sara Lee Test Kitchen - students develop and test food product concepts
A State-of-the-art Library
The recent $2.6 million expansion and revitalisation of the Ourimbah Library has created a vibrant hub for the Central Coast campus.
Libraries have changed and are no longer just about books. At our Central Coast campus, students and staff from both the University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW - Ourimbah campus, have access to:
- 276 computers and a range of printing/scanning services
- Eight study rooms with access to computers and screens
- Wireless and power connections for laptops and other devices
- A service-desk offering 24 hour support from library staff
- A student 'Rover' service that provides peer-assisted library and basic IT support
- Cafe, lounge, parents' room and outdoor meeting spaces
Our students have embraced this fantastic new facility making it a lively and exciting centre for learning and community-building. Find out more about the Ourimbah Library and all University of Newcastle libraries.
We are proud to offer a number of clinics on the Central Coast. The services provided by these clinics benefit staff, students and the broader community.
Located at Wyong Hospital, the University of Newcastle and Central Coast Local Health District Podiatry Clinic is a student teaching clinic providing care for public and private patients at minimal cost.
Oral Health Clinic
The University of Newcastle Oral Health Centre is a student teaching clinic open to the general public. Current Bachelor of Oral Health students provide a range of services, under the direct supervision of qualified dental practitioners, at minimal or no cost. A free community mobile oral health service is also available to seniors and current Health Care Card holders
Ourimbah Gym Clinic
Students and staff can access high quality exercise equipment within the Exercise Sports Science and Psychology Building. As part of the clinic, users can complete a health screen and fitness testing and also take advantage of health and fitness programming.